Our mission at PAWS Atlanta is to help pets and people. We are a passionate team of animal lovers who have dedicated our time and energy to rescuing homeless pets. Our team is made up of Animal Care Specialists, Adoption Counselors, Veterinary Assistants, Administrative Employees, and a Veterinarian, and we are all determined to make our community a safer and better place for everyone living in it, including the cats and dogs.
PAWS Atlanta offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees 18 and older without regard to an individual’s race, color, creed, sex or age.
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Short and Long-term disability
- Paid Time Off
Director of Development (Full-Time)
Are you looking for the opportunity to make a difference every day in the lives of homeless animals? We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Director of Development to drive our overall development strategy and plan to generate the funds necessary to grow our lifesaving mission and the impact we make in the community. Candidates must possess a strong work ethic, a love of animals, and the ability to tell their stories in a way that resonates with the intended audience.
Our mission at PAWS Atlanta is to create a community of caring, with people helping pets and pets helping people. As Georgia’s oldest no-kill shelter, we are a passionate team of animal lovers who have dedicated our time and energy to rescuing homeless pets and placing them in loving homes. Our team is made up of Animal Care Specialists, Adoption Counselors, Veterinary Assistants, Administrative Employees, and a Veterinarian, and we are all determined to make our community a better place for everyone living in it, including cats and dogs. Since we first opened our doors in 1966, we have saved more than 52,000 homeless animals and introduced tens of thousands of people to the joy of owning a pet.
Our ideal candidate will be an animal lover, embody the values of PAWS Atlanta, and bring a fresh perspective to our work through the following skills and characteristics:
- Deep belief and passion for our organization’s mission
- Compelling communicator and storyteller
- Ability to listen to others, meet people where they are and engage in meaningful conversations with all stakeholders
- Culturally responsive and emotionally intelligent
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and empathy, especially in times of crisis
- Technology-savvy with enthusiasm about its possibilities
- Courageous leader who leads with a growth mindset
- Experience running day-to-day operations
- Enthusiastic learner
To learn more about our organization and this opportunity, please contact the Chair of our Board of Directors, Patty Lavely.